Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Spirit Witnessed To Me As I Shared My Testimony of The Book of Mormon



Hi family and Friends!  (Email 4-7-14)

Sorry this email is a bit late and is going to have to be a bit short as well. Today we went over to Apache Junction and went to an old mining ghost town. These members took us and another companionship and just took us around for the day and bought us everything. It was super fun and cool to see everything! We get so spoiled here! But because of that, I don't have much time to email!

This week went very well though! We were able to teach and find a bit more and help the less active members. There are a bunch of less active members in this ward and we are trying to work more with them. Paula has decided to move her baptismal date to the 27th, but we are going to encourage her to move it to the 26th so that she won't have to wait a week to get confirmed.


We also had a great lesson with Amanda again. We went over and helped her cook dinner, clean her house, and then we had a lesson. It was a great evening! She always has lots of good questions and has sincerely been studying things out in her mind her whole life long. We expressed our desires to meet with her more frequently, and she agreed if we would come over in the mornings! Yes!


We also had a first lesson with a new investigator named Tina. I think I talked about her before? But she had chairs outside all set up for us and was waiting for us. We taught the Restoration and it went very well. One of my favorite parts was just how strong I could feel the Spirit while I shared with her my testimony of the Book of Mormon and how important it is to me. I told her how it has changed my life and taught me and guided me so much. And the Spirit just strongly testified to me that every word that I was saying was true. It was a really great experience. We also did more service for that family that moved into the trailer park. We got to paint their walls in their house! It was fun!

Holy cow, how great was conference??? I LOVED it. We went to our stake center on Saturday morning, but for some reason they didn't play it there, so we didn't know where to go. So we went back home, shoved our beds together, and watched it in our apartment on my little ipad screen haha. It was nice and cozy. And we just decided to leave our beds like that for now haha. But really, it was so inspiring. I learned something from every single talk. Some that I especially enjoyed were Elder Uchtdorfs, Elder Bednars, Pres Monson, ok all of them! I don't think I have ever heard such an inspiring conference before, covering so many different topics. I am just itching to start reading and studying them again! And what about Elder Ballard’s invitation? Gonna start writing me about what you are learning in preach my gospel?? :)

This week is the Easter pageant and I am so excited for it! We are going to have a great week! I love you all so much and am so grateful for your love and prayers! Have a great week!

Con amor,
Hermana Haynes

"Alycia's having a girl face" (Natalie's sister had an ultra sound and found out she is having a girl.)

Service
Setting up for the Easter Pageant

Visit To Apache Junction









No comments:

Post a Comment