Sunday, June 1, 2014

There Is Greater Peace In Their House With The Gospel Of Jesus Christ



Hi family! (Email 5-19-14)


How are you all doing? Time is just flying by. We had another great week. Trying to work hard and stay busy!



So Lupita, Jime, and Miguel are progressing really well. We invited Jimwto be baptized with the rest of his family on the 31st, and he is really praying about it and trying to be sure. He has some questions, but he is reading and praying. They couldn't come to church because their son got sick and they had to take him to the emergency room. But we are teaching them every day, and loving it. They say that they have seen much more peace in their house since we have started coming, and I can agree with that. I have seen lots of little changes in them, and the environment feels different in their home. They are taking it all seriously, which is great. Miguel can be a little hard to find home, so we are trying to put more emphasis on him. We taught the word of wisdom this week, and the night before we taught it he asked us if he would still be able to drink after he got baptized, and was a little worried about it. But when we came back the next day he had given his beers to his friend, and by the end of the lesson they all committed to live it! They thought it was super funny when I started looking through their cupboards for their coffee. Haha I just love them so much. We are just praying hard, trying to plan really well, and trying to teach them as well as we can and get members involved so that they can be baptized on the 31st. We are praying and fasting hard for them. 



Natilia Ramirez called us on Thursday saying that her husband stopped drinking and wanted help to get over his addiction. He wanted to meet with the bishop, so we set that up and Thursday night they met with him. They told us they would all go to church, but once again they didn't. It's a bit frustrating because church is the only thing holding them back from being baptized. Then last night, we had an amazing powerful lesson! Seriously, I felt like Alma and Amulek. Or more like Elder Holland. We asked Natlia what her goals were to help her family, and her member son was like they need to get baptized already!



We asked Natalia why she doesn't go to church and she talked about how she feels a bit of depression and she doesn't have much motivation. We started asking her what blessings she would get from church and listing all of them off. Then I told her that the greatest one was that she would be able to be sealed to her family for time and all eternity. I asked her if she was willing to risk that. We talked about how the devil really does not want her to go to church, but that she's in charge. At the end of the day, it's her choice and she will choose who leads her. We talked about how she had a wall that she needs to get over, and sister Hurd asked her if she was going to break down this wall and get over it, and she said yes she will sooner or later eventually get over it. I looked her straight in the face and I said, "Natalia, are you a quitter?" She started crying and said passionately that she is not a quitter. She said she is breaking down this wall right now. We showed her a plan that we made of how she could get baptized in 3 weeks. We invited her and her daughter Conchita to be baptized on June 14th. We asked if they were committed to following this plan and really breaking down the wall to make this goal. We all kneeled down and told God of this commitment that they made and asked for His help to reach it. I wish you could have seen it. It was just pure emotion. Really this description doesn't even begin to describe it. Hermana Hurd and I were so in tune and the spirit was just guiding us. I have always wanted to teach with power and authority, and I felt like last night I truly accomplished it. She just needed to be shaken a little bit and needed help to repent. We left that message just amazed. The Spirit was so strong, and you could just feel how hard God is fighting for this family. Pray hard for them please. This is going to take a lot of faith.


We have a prospective of 5 baptisms to happen this transfer, and my goal is to not lose my faith. I have noticed that I have a problem with enduring to the end/patience. I get really excited when we have powerful lessons with investigators, but as soon as signs of trouble arise, I start to lose my hope and vision for what will happen. So my goal is just to keep the faith no matter what happens along the path. I need to endure to the end and not give up on anyone. Maybe things won't go according to my timing, but I need to trust God and work as hard as I can and as effectively as I can for every person. We are really going to be focusing on the Ramirez family and Lupita's family. 



Sad news though. Pretty sure Paula has dropped us. She has avoided us all week. Won't open the door or answer the phone. It's sad just because I love her and her family so much. But it's ok because she is scared right now. I know one day she will be ready for it. And there's still a chance that maybe her week was just crazy with court. 



We are trying to work hard and find new people to teach as well. The members are avoiding us a bit for the noches de hogar, so we haven't been able to set any up yet, but hopefully soon. There are seriously miracles every single day. God is working with each and every person. We are all precious to Him and He wants every single one of us back with Him. We can't lose that vision! 



This next week is zone conference, so I am excited for that. Ahhhh I just love being a missionary! It is truly the best thing that has ever happened to me. I can't even remember who I was a year ago. I have learned and changed so much, and I am so grateful for how these experiences are teaching. Still so much more to learn, do, experience, and overcome. But I am loving this journey so much.



And missing you so much too! I have the best family in the world! I love you all and hope you have a great week!



Con amor,
Hermana Haynes

No comments:

Post a Comment