Sunday, September 21, 2014

We Talked About How To Recognize The Holy Ghost


Dear family and friends, (from 9-1-14 email)

Wow I cannot believe how fast time goes by! Is it really P-Day again? Is it really SEPTEMBER??? Holy cow. Anyways we had a super busy week, but it was so great! Monday was the mission conference, Tuesday was P-Day, Wednesday we went to the temple, and Thursday I had MLC. So our schedule was really crazy and we had to keep busy, but it was great.

I have to tell you about Andre! He is the biggest miracle of the week (of my life?. Our ward mission leader has been telling us about him since we got here, but we didn't have any of his contact information, but last Sunday he came to church so we got to meet him! He is here working, and all of his family in Mexico are members (wife and children). His daughter has her mission call and everything. He has decided that he is ready to change and to commit, and he is dying to be sealed to his family. He told us he wants to get baptized as soon as possible and that he is willing to do whatever it takes to get there. He has already come to church twice, we have taught him multiple times this week, and he came to a baptismal service and the Joseph Smith movie. Joseph Smith, Prophet of the Resoration He is amazing. He is reading the Book of Mormon and really trying to understand and learn from it. I think he is the most prepared and committed person I have ever taught before. He has the craziest background story and has been through so much in his life, but knows he can change and overcome anything and everything through Christ. He is such an inspiration and example to me! He will most likely be baptized on the 13th!


We also were able to teach Gregorio and Mandi twice this week. They really are so great. Mandi says she has felt different since she met us, much more peace. We taught them the Restoration and then the next time we read the Intro to the Book of Mormon. Apostle's Introduction to the Book of Mormon with them and talked about prayer and how to recognize the Holy Ghost. They seemed to understand it fairly well. They are excited to learn, but are pretty busy, and she has to work on Sundays :( but I know they will have great potential! Mandi has been reading a little from the Book of Mormon and says she feels very good as she reads it.   

We also started teaching the Ramirez family again this week! Yay!!! This family is so special to me (I feel like I say that about everyone... but it is true! I don't know how else to describe it!) They seem much more committed this time around, which is so great. They all told us that friends & family are trying to get them to not learn with us or to go to church, but they say that they know what they want to do and are sticking with it, and asked us for advice on how to deal with situations like that. They still aren't super excited about going to the assigned ward, and would prefer to attend the ward where their friends are. Hna Hurd did a great job explaining how it is the gospel that is true, and that the wards will always change. They were all going to go home after Sacrament to pick up one of their daughters from work, but Alexia (the mom), and Sophia (a daughter)decided to stay. And I was so proud of them! But also felt horrible because it was 5th Sunday and the entire third hour was about building security and how temple attendance is lacking.... It was so long and not uplifting. I just felt really bad that she exercised her faith to stay longer, but then it wasn't much reward. But Sophia really like attending Young Women's so that was good. We had a couple good lessons with them this week and they seem to be getting it. They really want to commit, but they are scared of the changes and how new everything is and that they don't understand everything. I really wish that they would let us bring members to the lessons so that they could have more friends and support through the process. Please pray for them!

And the temple on Wednesday was just wonderful. There is nothing better than being able to sit and reflect in the celestial room. 

Oh,we had 3 baptisms in our ward this weekend! One was an 8 year old girl, one was an 8 year old convert, and one was an older convert. It was so great! Really, I am so happy. I love the people here so much, and I am trying to love them better. I have been studying love and charity lately and I am trying to develop a more Christ-like love. A love that is purely selfless and without looking for personal gain or anything. Also an unconditional love, that no matter what comes my way, how they disappoint me or may hurt me, I can love them the same and still think positive, compassionate thoughts. I am not there yet, but I am working on it. I love the perfect example Christ has given us though in His love for us. He never gets tired of the silly mistakes that we do, and He is always there with his arms outstretched. I am so grateful that He can love me like that, and love all of my brothers and sisters in that way as well.

Well, family, I do love YOU! I miss you so much and am always praying for you! I hope that everyone is doing well and enjoying life! Have a great week!

Con amor,
Hermana Haynes
Hna. Hurd and I
Sisters in my district (Hna Lund and Hna Alcocer. They are both the best)
My whole district.
Me and my comp!
A job for Elder Glazier.  I saw this and thought it was really funny haha. Missionary humor!


No comments:

Post a Comment