Sunday, June 30, 2013

I HAVE 18 DAYS LEFT HERE. How crazy is that!!!!!!?


Here is the news from the email we received Thursday, June 27th.  I thought she was leaving the MtC on the 17th, but maybe not if 18 days is accurate!

Here are some highlights:
I met my mission president and his wife on Saturday night! Their names are President and Sister Jenkins. Mom - he graduated from Sammamish High School! (That's was my high school. -Mom) What a small world! It is so cool that someone on my mission is familiar with my hometown (but he said the last time he was in Redmond they only had one stop light and he said that Eastlake high wasn't built back then). Seriously they are so the best. I love them already! 
 I got to meet all the other Spanish speaking missionaries going to Mesa! Elder Glazier (in my district) was the only elder and all the rest are sisters. They seem so great. I'm going to have so much fun. Two of the sisters are in my zone Hnas. Duffin and Orr. (Hna. Orr's family farm got hit by the tornado in Oklahoma City a week before she left and the church made a video on her! The link is: Orr Family Farm Tornado )

All of the new mission presidents were here this week for their training seminar, so the apostles were coming and going all week long (not that I ever saw any though). The elders in my district got to pass the sacrament in the meeting with all of the apostles, prophets, and new mission presidents though! How cool is that? 
Its been so good to hear from all of you this week! Thanks for all of the letters, I really do love them! I seriously think that this is the fastest week ever. In Relief Society, the speaker described time here perfectly. "The days feel like a week and the weeks feel like days." So true. I can't even explain it. It's like I live in a time warp or something.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment