Thursday, June 27, 2013

Quick Note From the MTC

Got another great email from Natalie this morning.  Sounds like she's enthusiastic and doing great!  I thought I would post an excerpt and a couple of pictures tonight and add the rest on Sunday. Here's what she says!

Hermana Wright and I have improved our planning, evaluating, and study times so much this week! I don't really know what happened, but its just been so good! We've really been trying to narrow down exactly what ways our investigators should be progressing. While we plan each lesson, we make a list of what we want the investigators to know, feel, and do. It's been so helpful. After each lesson, we've really been evaluating how we are doing as teachers and trying to find ways to improve. Let me tell you there's much more to being a teacher than I ever thought! It can get hard to focus on sincerely helping the person instead of just teaching what you know they need to hear. I'm trying to improve, and I know I won't be perfect by the time I leave, so I am just trying to learn as much as I can! We've been much more focused in our study times too and have been able to learn a lot from them. It's still crazy how much more there is to learn after we spend all our days studying, being taught, and teaching! It's so crazy that I am already halfway done! You guys will only get 2 more emails from me before I leave!
Who says they don't have fun in the MTC!


No comments:

Post a Comment