Sunday, July 14, 2013

How The Spirit Works In My Life

Okay spiritual thought of the week: Quoted from Elder Maxwell, "The Lord never uses a floodlight when a flashlight is sufficient." I love that. I've been really trying to learn how the Spirit works in my life and how I receive answers to my prayers and guidance from God. I feel like so often I expect it to be some huge, life changing answer, but that's not how God works. He teaches us gently and quietly through the Holy Ghost. If we aren't really listening and paying attention, it’s so easy to miss it. I know that God always answers our prayers, but not always in the ways or time that we want it to. God gives us what we need, but not always what we want. He knows everything though and is just waiting to help us. We just need to trust in Him and give Him all the faith we have. Act on what we know and try to live your life in harmony with the gospel. It’s so easy to be deceived or distracted, but that's why we need to study the scriptures every single day. That gives us protection and guidance. God's hand is in every aspect of our lives, whether we know it or not. Please try to build a relationship with Him. Please talk to Him. Let Him help you with whatever you need. It really makes all the difference! I am so grateful that I know who God is and that I am learning more to trust in Him and to have faith every day that I am here.
Sisters Haynes and Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment