Sunday, July 14, 2013

I Leave For Mesa!

¡Hola Familia!

How are you all doing?? I hope well! Thanks for all the letters I've gotten this week! It was sooo good to hear from some new voices this week! (Thanks so much Callie, Nancy, Aunt Michelle/Jacob (and Erin but a few weeks ago)). Its so nice to have love and support from friends and family! Sorry this P-Day is so crazy, so I have like zero time to write back anyone.

Okay... I LEAVE FOR MESA ON TUESDAY!!!!!!!! I got my travel plans last Friday. I seriously just cannot wait! I just want to get out there and do all that I can to help these people. I just want to love them, serve them, and help them learn how to find real happiness in their lives through Jesus Christ. I just have such a desire to go and do this work because I understand how important this is. I'm going to be helping people really change their lives and really find happiness. Is there anything better? I'm just so excited!!

So want to know why this P-Day is so crazy? Okay I will tell you. It's actually super cool. My district had a service assignment of cleaning the temple!!!! How cool is that? Super cool, I know. So all of the hermanas in my district were in charge of cleaning a chandelier in a sealing room. Those chandeliers are SO beautiful. We took off each crystal one by one, washed each one individually, then hung them back up very carefully. The six of us did this for 3.5 hours, and we didn't even finish one chandelier, and they told us that we worked really fast. Do you know how many chandeliers are in a temple? TONS!
 
It was really powerful to know how much work goes into making the temples perfect. But also knowing that we only make the temples perfect because they are the home of God.
On our way back from the temple, there were 2 protesters outside of the MTC. It was really weird. I think they are the same ones we saw outside of General Conference in April. But anyways, this guy had this big cross and we were waiting to cross the street so he started talking to us. He asked if we loved Jesus and made us say, "I love Jesus" all together as a group. He was preaching to us about how Jesus is the only one who has power to forgive sins, that we need to love and worship Jesus, that we need to get on our knees and pray and ask for forgiveness of our sins. I was really confused by why he was telling us this because he seemed to think that he was going to somehow change our minds or change our religion, but I don't think that he realized that we believe those things too and that we implement them every day of our lives.

Look who I ran into at the MTC.  Lance my FHE brother from BYU!

Hmmm what else happened this week? Oh... so teaching Pat and Frank has been super interesting hahaha. One of the first times we taught them was sooo bad.... We had the worst case of the giggles ever. All 4 of us. Elder Toolson and Elder Bentson are just goofy and who they are acting as are a little bit extreme so its been fun. I felt bad that we laughed so much (especially since we were being evaluated by a teacher that we didn’t know) but we just couldn’t stop! We said like 5 opening prayers and even had to leave the room and come back. Finally we just had to talk through our laughs and go on with the lesson and eventually we got into the swing of things. Each lesson after that has gotten better and better. Last night we taught them and it went so well! The Spirit was strong and we were able to invite both of the to be baptized. It is a really good feeling to know that you are teaching the things God wants His children to have in their lives and that you are actually helping lives to improve and people to find peace.

Elders Fry & Martin, me and Sis. Wright

 Fun with Ring Pops! 
Sis.s Wright and Haynes with their candy!
 Natalie's district love trinkets from home!
I am really sad to be leaving my district and my teachers here. After literally spending 24/7 together for 6 weeks, we've all gotten to be very close friends. They feel like my family away from home. Luckily a lot of them go to BYU, so I will be able to meet up with them in a few years. Its just cool to think that in a few days we will all be spread out around the world doing the Lord's work. I heard something once that has always kind of stuck with me. It goes something like that every person you meet makes up a part of who you are. I feel so blessed to have these people help shape my life and help make me into a better person. Also, that all of you, both friends and family, to help shape me into a better person and teach me so many things throughout all of my life. Thanks so much for all of your love and support!

The 4th of July was really fun! We had P-Day that day, then we had a broadcast thing where we sang patriotic songs and watched 17 miracles. Then we got to watch the fireworks that went off! It was really fun. 
Our zone's service project is to put away all the bleachers, chairs, mats, stage, etc  after every MTC devotional, which is actually a lot to do and we don’t start it until late at night, so we always have to go to bed late. So we did that service after the fireworks, and went to bed so late. I don't think we have caught up on sleep yet. And I will just lose more when I leave for the airport so early! But obedience seriously brings blessings. I've been trying very hard to follow the sleeping schedule of 10:30 - 6:30. It isn’t even a choice when I will go to bed or get out of bed because I have just decided to keep that rule (well, all of the rules - trying my best at least!). But I've never really been tired here. In the mornings I'm a little sleepy and every once in a while throughout the day, but it’s really not bad at all. Just not even a problem. Its so great.

Well I hope you all are doing well! So crazy that the next time you here from me, I will be in Mesa! Speaking of that, I have no idea when you will get the next email from me. Know that you are always in my prayers! I love you all so much, and I hope life is treating you very well. Remember "happiness is a way to travel, not a destination." (something like that...). Choose to be happy! I love you and miss you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment