Sunday, July 7, 2013

"Without a vision, the people perish"


I've never really been one to sit down and set goals and think about what I want to accomplish, but I've really been learning the importance of that lately. "Without a vision, the people perish." I need to sit down and write out the vision I have for my mission, and set specific goals for how to achieve that. Goals are also a way for us to show faith to God. It shows that we want to improve and work hard and do good work!


I just have been realizing this week, as time is quickly running out at the MTC, that this is MY mission. It's going to be how I want it to be. If I have a great vision, great goals, and high expectations for my mission, it can happen. If I give it my all and completely rely on God, I won't regret a minute of what I do here.
On Tuesday night, our district sat down together and set some goals. We've started to get a bit distracted from what we're actually here to do, and we really needed to re-orient ourselves. I absolutely love our goals and I'm super excited about them! Yesterday was our first day trying to live them, and it seriously made SO MUCH difference already! We spoke sooooo much Spanish yesterday, and it was fun and not even hard! Our study times were used much more effectively! Ah just go and set some goals - ones that are specific so you can know if you are actually achieving them or not. They are great. Okay sorry for that rant.....
Another week has flown right by! Just one more P-Day here! Can you believe it?? I leave on the 16th of July, but I don't have my official travel plans yet. Thanks again for all the letters (and the package Ben!)! You are all the sweetest!

No comments:

Post a Comment