Thursday, August 22, 2013

I Want Him To Know How Much God Loves Him


Alycia just forwarded me a couple of excerpts from emails she has received from Natalie. 
I'm also adding a "Cute Baby Animal" picture from her last email too.  Getting to hold puppies and kittens seems to be one of the perks of serving in the Mesa AZ mission!

Here's the email:

I want to tell you this story! So this month the mission has a goal to find three new investigators a week. It was Sunday and Hna Leon and I only had two. We prayed that day to find one person, and I just had faith that we were able to. Anyways we went to a referral. We knocked, he looked through the window and just didn’t answer the door. Okay, thanks. We went to try and find a less active. Took forever to find Apt 207 in the complex but after we finally did, we realized two people were standing on the balcony in front of it. I kind of pointed towards them to show Hna Leon where it was but I guess they saw and went inside. Although we realized that the less active must have moved, we decided to know (hoping no one would steal our bikes because we left them where we couldn't see them and it was a little sketch…) But we knocked and no one answered, even though we just saw them go in. Haha its funny how people do that. I’m just a 19 year old girl, what do you think I’m going to do to you? Haha
Helmets! my comp is so skilled she can talk on the phone and ride a bike at the same time. I don't know how she does it
As we were leaving the complex, we were saying hi to everyone we passed, and as we said hi, one man kind of came towards us so we stopped. I would tell you his name, but neither of us could understand it haha. Arfando? Alfondo? Arturo? Who knows… Poor man. He only has one leg and doesn't know how to read or write. I gave him a BOM, but he was like, " I don’t know how to read though." We told him a little bit about the Restoration, and he seemed interested. Maybe more like he could tell we loved him and I think he doesn't have anyone that loves him. But we found a new investigator! Yay! He really wants us to come back and kept asking when we would. The only problem is he doesn't know where he lives… Kept listing off street names, 6th Ave, 7th Ave, Marilyn. And that he lives next to something white? Haha no idea. Poor man though- one leg. Poor, poor, poor, can’t read or write. Doesn't even know how to describe where he lives. I really hope we can find him. I just want him to have the hope and happiness of the gospel in his life. I just want him to know how much God loves him. 

Natalie & Hna. Leon with One Week Old Puppies
My heart just breaks for so many of these people. Their lives are so hard. Yes many make very bad decisions, but honestly they have never been taught any better. They don’t have the gift of the Holy Ghost so they can’t have that constant guidance in their lives. I just feel so blessed that I have a year and a half of my life where I can focus ENTIRELY on sharing the most precious thing with those who truly need it. I just wish people would understand because I really just want them to be happy. But so many just don't get it and its hard to figure out how to help them understand it. I seriously love my mission sooo much. I don’t want it to end. Its SO sad that I've already finished more than two months. How did it slip by so fast?

Love, Hna Haynes

No comments:

Post a Comment