Monday, August 26, 2013

The Restoration of The Gospel of Jesus Christ and,Extra Prayers For The New Trainer!



Sooo.... TRANSFER NEWS!!! Are you ready?? Guess what.... I'M TRAINING! Crazy, huh??? I've been out 6 weeks, and now I am training a newbie! Hermana Leon is being transferred to Citrus Heights. She will be back in the Visitoer’s Center  though, so I will get to see her lots still, because we teach there pretty often. I'm sad to see her go though! It’s so crazy that I am training. A lot of responsibility. I am super excited for it though, but a bit nervous. Hnas DeMille and Mayorca are both staying, so at least I will have them!  
Sis. Mayorca
Baking Cookies With Sis. Jenkins and Sis. Leon
We are all like a little family and have lots of fun together. I'm just scared she, (the new missionary she will be training who will be her new companion), won't speak Spanish very well and I won't have any help understanding people. This area needs so much help, and it’s crazy to think that it’s really, really in my hands now. I am really excited for this new opportunity to start making some changes and get working even harder. I have a good feeling about this transfer! I just hope to set a really good example and show her   the ropes.  I want her to feel welcomed, loved, and confident. So transfers are on Wednesday morning. One more day with Hna Leon :( 
We got a car! I hope they don't take our car away with the transfer... but I think they probably will.

Partying in the car wash! 
I am super happy to be staying in this area. I love it so much. The people here are great. The branch just really needs so much help. There are 40 priesthood holders, and 60 potential priesthood holders, just for an idea of how many less actives there are here. I really want to make the less actives our focus this transfer. I want to see this branch get strong, and I know that to do that, we need to start with those who are already members. I have a feeling that as we focus on the less actives, we will be able to find people through them that are interested in learning the gospel. (People here always seem to have random people living in their homes, so hopefully we will find some prepared people!) Prayers this week would be much appreciated. I have a big job ahead of me! I just am so grateful for this opportunity that Heavenly Father has given me to learn and grow closer to Him. I know I will need to rely on Him so much, and that I will need to grow stronger faith. I want to be more guided by the Holy Ghost so we can really do this work the way God has planned for us. I know that this experience is going to teach me so much. I know it will be hard, but it will be good for me.

Last district meeting.
The Restoration has been the focus of the week. I can't tell you how much my testimony has grown on the Restoration! We have such a great knowledge, and so many people have no idea what they are missing. I have just been realizing how important it is that we teach that to people right away, so they realize how important this journey is, and so they can see how this church and this gospel can really change their lives completely. Every time you testify about Joseph Smith, the Spirit is there no matter what. The coolest thing to me is after you have talked about the Restoration, and explain dispensations, apostasies, and everything starts coming together and making sense, it’s like people's eyes just open. And you ask them, "what would this mean to you if this was really true?", they tell you, looking full of hope, that this would change everything for them. And it will. Because it is true. It’s what gives us hope. It’s how we can be happy. It changes lives for eternity.
 
Hna. Leon and me outside the temple.
Manuel didn't get baptized this week, but that was for the better. Hna Demille and Mayorca have started teaching his wife, and she seems really receptive They all went to a baptism on Saturday night, and Manuel is so excited to get baptized. On Sunday he woke up really early, so that he would be able to go to all 3 hours of church. He is making great changes.  We really want to make sure he is ready and strong in his testimony.

We also have been teaching  Karen  and her husband, John,  who is less active. It's been going great. Karen said that she has just really been looking for the truth, and that she feels something different about this. She is reading the Book of Mormon, and loves it. We asked her if she would be baptized when she knows it is true for herself, and she said yes! John is very supportive too, and is very open to sharing his testimony. I'm a little confused though because they seemed excited to go to church, but they didn't come yesterday. Karen's dad, is awesome. He's this cute, little older man who loves to be outside. He isn't very open to the gospel, but he read a chapter of the Book of Mormon with us. He likes talking to us a lot too, so maybe if we work slowly with him, he will start to be more receptive.

Yesterday we had an awesome opportunity to give talks in Sacrament meeting! Haha I was surprisingly super excited about it, because it was such a great opportunity to talk to the entire branch about something I am so passionate about - missionary work! Hna Leon's topic was how she chose to go on a mission, and mine was the blessings I have seen from my mission (what a great topic right?? I could talk for hours on that!) We really tried to get the members excited about missionary work, and help them see the importance of it and the blessings that would come in their lives. I hope that some people were inspired from what we said! We could use all the member help we could get!
 
Giant service project laying grass outside the Visitor's Center.
I can't really think of anything else big that we've done this week... Just always keeping busy! The people here are so great. I love them so much. I love you all so much too! I'm glad everything is going well with you too! Don't ever forget how blessed we are to have this gospel, and how much every person needs it in their lives. Don't pass up an opportunity to share it with people, but always share it out of love. I miss you all tons! It’s so nice to know that I have all of your love, support, and prayers to keep me going every day. 
Beautiful sunset,
Con amor,
Hermana Haynes
P.S.get me one of these for Christmas please!

No comments:

Post a Comment